One week until Christmas!!!
I have so much shopping left (I keep forgetting how little time is left…or keep hoping for more time). Okay, enough talking about that, I don’t want to stress
myself you out. :)
Yesterday morning was ah-mazing! I
finally woke up at 5:15 and got dressed and ready to go to the gym. Once I got dressed, I decided to save myself a drive and just run outside. It was South Florida cold outside so naturally, I was wearing a ski suit long sleeved lululemon shirt (love love love) and braved the darkness also known as early morning.
My run was awesome. Before I knew it, I was home, showered with hair blow dried and a full face of make-up. On cue, baby cake woke up and our morning playtime began. I ate another piece of my quinoa breakfast bar with a nice big cup of coffee while making a banana blueberry peach yogurt smoothie for baby.
I sucked up all her deliciousness before heading out to work. The workday was nothing extraordinary and before I knew it I was in the kitchen eating a delicious salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, almonds, celery and apple) with balsamic glaze.
I was feeling extra hungry so I stole from my emergency stash of goodies and had a side of Annie’s mac n’ cheeses. I love mac n’ cheese. It’s so good, I could easily eat it everyday.
The day escaped me and before I knew it, I was packing up my desk and heading home. Saddest part of my day was the day flew by so fast I forgot my afternoon coffee. :(
I got home and the baby fun continued. She was so infatuated with a diaper she took out of her diaper caddy (don’t worry, it was a clean diaper) that she wouldn’t give me
two seconds of nearly enough attention.
Even when I tried to smother her, she found her dad’s wallet and decided she was just too cool to bother with silly pictures.
Before eating dinner, I made more homemade almond butter since my supply was running low. All I can say is…best.almond.butter.ever! Last night I added coconut oil to it (which I don’t always do) and it was extra perfect!
For dinner I cooked spaghetti squash with turkey-quinoa slow cooker meatballs (that I prepped the night before). Dinner was super clean and super delicious.
I ended my day of good eats with
two slices homemade apple pie and (decaf) earl gray tea.
Now, about the title of this post. I started this blog a little over a month now and I figured that now was the right time to go on a proper “date” and really get to know each other.
Here are some questions I have been asked by some readers and fun facts I think will help you get to know me a tiny bit better.
- Where are you from? I grew up in Miami, went to college at University of Florida (Go Gators!) and now live in Ft. Lauderdale.
- What do you do for a living? I am an attorney.
- What is your favorite food? Sushi! Hands down, slam dunk, no questions asked.
- What is your favorite drink? Coffee, isn’t that obvious?
- What’s in your fridge? The better question is what is not in your fridge? The staples we always have are: veggies, cheese (any type), yo baby (for baby cake), almond butter, milk, orange juice, bread, sweet potatoes, and jam.
- What do you wish you could eat all day everyday? Anything that will rot your teeth. Gummy bears, hot tamales, sour patch, caramel chews, taffy, tootsie rolls…
- What is one thing about you most people don’t know? I am kind of infatuated with whales. Not all whales, but blue whales. Random, I know.
- Coolest person I know? Baby cake of course. She makes everything so much more fun. I highly recommend
making your own friendhaving a baby (well… highly recommended for most)
- Music on your itunes playlist now? Lana Del Ray, Lorde, Justin Bieber, Pit Bull, Jack Johnson and David Guetta.
- What are your health goals for 2014? Eat less processed foods, eat less candy, eat more balanced meals, exercise 4 days a week and run 3 half marathons (each one faster than the last).
Now, its my time to get to know you…
What are your health goals for 2014?
What do you do?
To my blogger friends out there, do also work another job or blog full time?